Saturday 19 March 2011

Evaluation Question 3: What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I asked Six Questions to the people who watched my trailer:

1. Is the Plot and Genre of my Trailer Clear?
2. Does the Magazine and Poster relate to my Trailer?
3. Does the Trailer make you want to watch the film? If so Why?
4. Would you have preferred a different genre?
5. Did you feel that I subverted the conventions normally used in a Action Thriller?
6. Did you Enjoy the Trailer?









Q1) I would have hoped for a hundred percent clear however their was still slight confusion between 'the two twins' concept verses 'the running from himself' idea. Mostly people understood as I added the two separate scenes compared to my rough cut it was much more Easy to understand.


Q2) The Results of question two are mainly Yes, the two are related. When I asked why they were not related a few people said 'the cartoonized picture doesn't relate to the poster' However the effect I was going to was the 'independent' look similar to 'Little White Lies' Magazine.


Q3) This was an overall answer of 'Yes' mainly with comments such as 'it intrigued me' and 'I wanted to find out more' as this was only a teaser I decided to have only one section of the storyline revealed rather than the whole storyline. I stuck to my Treatment but only revealed parts of it. This is what defines a teaser trailer from a full trailer.


Q4) Only a few of the girls wanted a change in Genre however most agreed with the boys. When making the trailer I wanted to make it appealing to both sexes therefore I used a good looking actor, this has worked for similar moveis such as Bourne Identity, Matt Damon pulled the female side, similarly I used Mandour for these reasons.





Q5) The Areas selected in Red are the Conventions the audience felt I did not follow. Using a black male lead differed from the normal use of a white male 'hero' role. Whilst the I used similar conventions as the poster as I felt this is what defined the genre, with bubble or curly writing it would give off a 'Romance' or 'Comedy' effect.





Q6) I simply asked this question to see if I had pleased my audience, the result was an overall 'Yes'. If anyone had said No I would consider my trailer to become less exciting and more boring.


Below are some of the examples of replies I got via Facebook Inboxing:








General Feedback:
(Facebook)

Roughcut:




After this Feedback I learnt that I should add more scenes, this I felt was the most important feedback as it allowed me to improve my Trailer to my audiences liking. It then allowed me to re-do the slates and add 'Black and White' Verses 'Colour' to outline the good vs evil in my trailer.






Final Cut:









For my final cut I had re-arranged the previous problems that my audience had with gripping the storyline, I added extra dialogue just to make it flow easily and draw out the plotline.

No comments:

Post a Comment